We are seeking an experienced accountant and/or bookkeeper with payroll experience for a virtual part-time position leading up to 20-30 hours per week with our growing company.
The ideal candidate can operate in cash and accrual accounting, is able to multitask effectively, has strong numeracy skills, communicates clearly, and has strong interpersonal skills. They are self-motivated individuals who want to take the lead, explore, and recommend solutions. To be successful in this role, you will be working with multiple organizations where flexibility, reliability, and collaboration in a cloud-based environment is essential to manage all aspects of the accounting and payroll functions in a timely and accurate manner. The role requires confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail.
About Walsh Accounting
Founded in 2009, we are a growing, technology forward, company who work with multiple types of organizations with a focus of owning our customers accounting process and providing effective solutions so they can focus on their business while we take care of theirs.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling customer accounts day to day to include financial reporting and payroll.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers to ensure day-to-day accounting is up to date, accurate, and complete.
- Accounting tasks will include reconciling bank activity, preparing invoices, processing accounts payable, paying vendor invoices, recording adjustments, and produce monthly reports to aide our customers in their decision-making process.
- Payroll tasks include management of employee data, accuracy of time sheets, computing wages, and accurately run payrolls consistently.
- Responsible for the preparation, processing, and accuracy of weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, and monthly payrolls.
- Handle the administration of online payroll systems and reviewing accuracy of approved timesheets.
- Verify for accuracy, payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Ensure accuracy of benefit deductions for employee and employer, assist in benefits open enrollment.
- Provide administrative assistance to the accounting department, including the preparation/distribution of detail reports (i.e., overtime, leave balances, head count, retirement contribution reports, etc.).
- Available during daytime business hours (M-F, 9am-5pm EST).
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting highly preferred.
- Designation as a Xero Certified Advisor and/or a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, and experience in online payroll software services is highly preferred.
- Three plus years of experience working in a payroll office performing all payroll functions.
- Three plus years of Accounting/Bookkeeping experience including working in accounts payable and receivable, and general ledger.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of numerical aptitude, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure.