Failing to report a Form 1099 on your tax return (or at least to explain it) is likely to get you an IRS notice in the mail asking you to pay tax on the amount you failed to report. Thus, if you receive a Form 1099, report it, even if you are claiming the money should be tax free. You’ve heard all this before, but is it wrong in the case of lawyers?

Related Articles